PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Ky!

HG blacksmith
03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi. My name is Dave Custer. (yes Custer) I am a 16 year old reenactor (imagine that!:lol: ) blacksmith. I have been reenacting for a little over a year, and I have been doing iron work for over two now. Our family has a 60 acre farm in South Central Ky. where we raise all our own meats (chicken, pork, beef) and attempt to do the same with all our other food.
Other than farming and smithing, I enjoy fencing (not the post with planks in between, the one with dull swords!:rolleyes: ) and thinking about building a small traditional wooden boat.
Well, that's me; Hello all!
Dave

oldguy4444
03-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Dave
I have been doing this for 8 years. retired Army supply Sgt 27 years. my family and I are Pee dee Art from South carolina. We are from Minnesota and are back in the frozen north shooting yanks. Just got a forge and a cheap anvil. just started learning how to coke up. If you want to stay in contact that would be good with me my email oldguy4444@yahoo.com. do you belong to a unit? marv sims

dwaldeck
03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Where in south central Kentucky? I live in Hart county and belong to a Cavalry unit.
Holler back
Dave Waldeck
1st Ky vol cav

goatgirl
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Why, Howwwddeeeyyy!!! :smile: When I saw a smithy from KY, I thought about you, but the HG threw me. Mind if I ask what it stands for. . .or should I not be asking? I would have known FFF Blacksmith! :smile:

HG blacksmith
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Columbia! Adair county. I'll edit my sig. and all this evening!
I'm an unofficial member of the Hamilton Guards. I'll keep in touch wid ye!
Hello miss Nicole! Looked you up on here the day I joined. Ye was easy to find.:) The HG stands for my unit!

Micah Trent
03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Hmmm....The Hamilton Guard...Who's the Hamilton Gaurds C.O. now these days???
"An unofficial member..." I think that is the first I have heard of that title used on here. You could've said that at this time you don't belong to a unit, but have been known associate with the Hamilton Guard.;) ....Just hacking on you kid!

HG blacksmith
03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Hamilton Guard is captained by another guy named Dave. I've only met him once and I don't know his last name. 1st Searge. is Rob! No last name, once again. Capt. rarely shows, (back trouble I think) so Rob normally leads from the 1st Searge. position! I'm wanting to join up with them this spring. They've individually accepted me as a member but not as a company. I have permission to use them as my company, (regestration purposes) but I'd like to maintain my independance for a while before I join. :lol:
Oh and I love your sign off! :lol:

Micah Trent
03-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh and I love your sign off! :lol:

I worked hard to get that title!:rolleyes:

Ken Cornett
03-23-2009, 10:22 PM
My brother lives in Adair County...just a fur piece from Columbia.

HG blacksmith
03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
What's his name and what unit is he with?

reddcorp
03-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Hello David:

Greetings from Alabama and the 33rd Ala.Infantry Co.E, Montgomery, Ala.
I have relatives over in Somerset (the Powells). Our unit was at Mill Springs a couple of years ago and had a grand time. Wonderful country up there, except everything seems to be uphill.
I checked out your family webpage. It was refreshing to see that good, solid folk are still around. Keep up the good work and your interests.

Andy Redd

HG blacksmith
03-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks for checking out the site.
We still lived in Ga. during the Mill Springs event. We were up here doing some work and had to leave the day it started!:( What a bummer!