PDA

View Full Version : just a mental note

rbs62
08-01-2006, 02:05 PM
my short memory was notified why i don't go to NAT EVENTS: frist off getting to the US INF parking lot i was told to park near side of lot (5th wheel camper) ,got set up and about 10 mins here comes this (i can't put it down here) JERK, YELLING HE'S THE PROVOST MARSTAL of the army AND IF I DIDNT MOVE IN 10MIN I WOULD BE TOWED! i told him i was told to park there he repeated himself angain. so we parked out at the end of the lot 2 other camper also were treated this way. I didnt get his name but it puts a bad light on the event. we then had to walk to the hwy to get the 1 of 2 busses running.IF ANY ONE KNOWS THIS JURK PUT HIS NAME ON THE BOARD HE DOESNT NEED TO DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC. IF IT HADNOT BEEN WE HAD OUR 9YROLD GRANGSON WITH WE WOULD HAVE TURNED AROUND AND DEMANDED OUR $$ BACK.

bentbayonet
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
perhaps if you carried your stuff in you would not have this problem.

rbs62
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
didnt have stuff to hall in but they needed more busses

Rob Weaver
08-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Yep, he was a jerk, admittedly. Sorry that turned out that way for you. My parents used to drag their trailer to events when I started in the '70s, and we camped in some pretty goofy places. But how many times do you think he had to go down there that day and say the same thing? There was clearly a disconnect between the head office and what he was told. Dealing with the public is a maddening experience and the last person in line tends to get everything that has been rolling downhill all day.

PS: Try to use an inside voice; yelling hurts my ears. :)

Rob Weaver
Pine River Boys
Co I, 7th Wisconsin Volunteers

ejazzyjeff
08-02-2006, 07:37 AM
If you talking about First Manassas, the rule and regulations stated that you have 15 minutes to drop off you stuff, that didn't include time to set up. Yelling, yeah that was wrong, perhaps he has his butt chewed out eariler for letting cars stay longer than they were suppose to. I only wish that they were that strict on the confederate side, there was cars in the camps all weekend long, even when it was stated that no vehicles will be allowed in camp starting 8:00 am on Sat until the end of the battle on Sunday.

tompritchett
08-02-2006, 07:58 AM
The ANV provost was good about getting cars out of camp Saturday morning. Unfortunately, another Provost unit had responsibilty for the gates Saturday evening and, unfortunately, the result that cars were in and out of camp all evening.

Mint Julep
08-02-2006, 10:11 PM
You know how to keep cars out of camp?

You don't camp near a road.

Mint

rbs62
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM
this was to park in the reenactors parking lot not to un load gear. the lot where we all parked