PDA

View Full Version : Provost Marshalls

Virginia Soldier
02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
We are part of Mahones Brigade and recruiting for the Provost Marshalls department. I have been apointed to that postion and looking for men to work with me in this newly form unit. There are a couple of requirements in dress and weapons but beyond the musket and jacket the rest is up to the soldier. Yes you will be able to go into the field with the battalion for we are building a company for the line also. We now have three of us but looking for more to do this impression and do it right. We are members of the ANV 2nd battalion and I am working on this unit to be a semi progressive. (getting a little old to campaign like I used to) So if you want an easy job and a fun one this is it. Contact me via private email if interested. Our unit will be the 12th Virginia once we are strong enough to take the field on our own. We are working now on our incorporation now as Mahones Brigade INC.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Are you currently recruiting members for a provost guard or are you looking for provost marshals? There is indeed quite a difference between the two.

"Doc" Nelson
02-25-2009, 11:37 PM
"2nd Battalion, ANV" . . good group of guys. Watch out for your Colonel and, Tommy Mullens. Sleep with one eye open :mrgreen: . I remember Billy and Tommy from a LONG time ago, when we were the 1st Battalion of Virginia Regulars, Co. B (back in the 80's) . . then, the 32nd Virginia Infantry, Co. H (early 90's).

I wish you guys all the best. If I were still in Virginia, I would be out on the field with the 2nd Battalion.

KeystoneGuard
02-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Good luck with your new position. A great book to read is Rebel Watchdog, it is about the Confederate Provost Guard. It can be found on Amazon for a reasonable price. Also if you need any help with research or fullfilling the position let me know because I was previously a chief of provost for Birney's Division.

Virginia Soldier
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for all the help here guys. As for Billy you can trust me for we go back many many years. He thinks I do not know but I do know who threw the first piece of corn at Sharpsburg back in the 90's. Caught him like a kid with his hands in the cookie jar.

Sure I will take all the help I can get on this position from you pard. And I will go after the book

I posted this to the wrong thread but will move it. As for recruting I am filling out the Provost guard and so forth with men from our unit as we grow.

Virginia Soldier

"Doc" Nelson
02-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Caught him like a kid with his hands in the cookie jar.
LOL, that's not too hard to do :mrgreen: .

Back when I "ran the streets" (aka, the battlefields) with Billy and Tommy, we used to "initiate" fresh fish, by making them bunk in the Captain's tent (with me being one of them back in the late 80's). Of course, the newbies didn't know what to think of it. Some were just plumb nervous. Ahh, those were the good 'ol days. Many, many memories. Hopefully, I'll get down that way this year. I've been telling him through email (over the past 4 years ;) ) that, I'm gonna make it down there. Problem is, I just haven't yet, LOL.