PDA

View Full Version : for a friend in Minnesota :)

Elaine Kessinger
02-21-2009, 03:53 PM
A friend recently was asked to join an artillary unit in the Kentucky area he lived in. He was so excited! He and his teens could finally move from dreaming of reenacting to actually reenacting. Imagine his frustration when he suddenly needed to move his family to Minnesota and had to decline the invitation. Well folks, if you are close enough to Minnesota and are willing to mentor a gent and his 15 yo son and 13 yo daughter into this hobby (the wife exists but is not sure how involved she'd like to be) we'd be much obliged to ya. He is research minded, serious about history, and a friendly, amiable sort of fella. His son has been told that his unit will be deciding how he may safely, acurately participate without carrying a weapon or actual combat...and he's cool with it. His daughter is willing to have light chores and child-care responsiblities in exchange for her participation. In all, these are great folks who would add greatly to our hobby. Please help me help them find a good start.
-Thanks,

mnreb
02-21-2009, 05:48 PM
The 1st South Carolina Volunteers and the Pee Dee Light Artillery would be proud to help them out. We are located in Minnesota along the Minnesota and Iowa border.
Sincerely,
Bill Feuchtenberger
Co.H
1st South Carolina Volunteers
"It Do"

JEBeedle
02-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Sent you a PM

harley_davis
02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
I have sent PM as well. How are you doing Joe?
Regards,

Elaine Kessinger
02-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Gentlemen-
I thank you all for making my friends feel so welcomed to both the hobby we all love and to a new area of the country. :D He's still making his final decision, but asked me to thank you all for your input and offers.
-Elaine Kessinger

1stwiscof
02-27-2009, 12:53 AM
You are most welcome. I hope your friend finds a great group of guys to enjoy the hobby with!

JEBeedle
02-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I have sent PM as well. How are you doing Joe?
Regards,

I am good. I hope that you and the rest of boys in 5th are doing well.
I hope we cross paths again this year.

Take care

harley_davis
02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Joe,
PM'd you.
Regards,