PDA

View Full Version : Benefit Fall Muster for Beauvoir

Miss Dixie
07-28-2006, 06:03 AM
The Sam Davis Camp 596 of Biloxi Mississippi and the 32nd Mississippi Infantry are hosting a Fall Muster to raise money for Beauvoir, as many of you know the Home of Jefferson Davis was heavily damaged by Katrina along with the Presidential Library and several other buildings totally destroyed and washed away.The 2 day reenactment will be held Oct.20-21-22 at the Harrison County Fairgrounds. All reenactors welcome, battles saturday and sunday Unreconstructed has volunteered to come and play for the dance. Within two years we hope to be back on the grounds of Beauvoir for this event. For information please call 228-875-2835, or visit 32 MississippiInfantry.com for registration information.

Diane Gipson

Brian
07-29-2006, 12:47 AM
I found out about this today. I plan on being there with the family at least one of the days.

I visited Beauvoir shortly before the hurricane, and have seen it since the storm too. It is amazing and heartbreaking how destructive it was to the home and to the Presidential library.

Miss Dixie
07-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Glad you can make it, ther has been a lot of controversy over Beauvoir, and now that it is finally settled, plans are underway to FINALLY start on the home, it has been sitting, just patched up to keep the weather out since the storm. Thank you for helping.

Diane