PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming 5th New York Movie

nyczouave
07-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Greetings,
A lot of you know me, some of you don’t. For those who don’t let me introduce myself.
My name is Charlie Spickler and I am a member of the 5th NY Duryee’s Zouaves. I am also a filmmaker. As most of you know, our late Captain Brian Pohanka was working on the Regimental History of the 5th NY right up until his passing last June. It was what kept him going in his last months. Luckily he finished it in March.
Brian and I had long talked about making a 5th NY movie, and even began a script about 4 years ago. Well now we are making that movie. His wife Cricket and I are going into production on an Historical Drama based mostly on Brian’s book as well as the other regimental histories, at the end of August 2006. We have already cast the movie and are in final stages of preproduction. As this movie is being made for sale to either The History Channel, National Geographic or one of the other cable networks it was important for us to hire the highest quality actors we could find on the small budget we have for this project. That being said we still need 20 extras to fill in the rolls of confederate soldiers. Preferably men who have both a gray and blue kit, as we will need to utilize you in a number of places.
The pay is $100 /day and we will need you for 4 days. Sat Aug 26 – Tues Aug. 29. We will provide 2 meals a day as well as bathroom and shower facilities. We will be shooting the outdoor scenes of the movie at Ballestone Manor, in Essex MD.

We only need 20 men. However it is imperative that you are there for ALL 4 DAYS.

We will only consider men who are physically fit and who can authentically portray the soldiers of 1861.

All proceeds of the sale of this movie will be going to preservation, as that is what Brian would have wanted.

We are also in need of an artillery crew with 2 pieces. This is paid also. We will need you for three days. Sat. Aug 26 thru Monday Aug 28.

We have taken every step to ensure that this movie will accurately portray the History of the 5th NY in a way that will not only be educational but entertaining to the average viewer.

If you are interested, please get back to me ASAP with a picture of yourself in your Best Confederate kit. Email me at:
Charlie@csquaredpictures.com

I know that re-enactors have been burned by Hollywood in the past, however we are not Hollywood and this movie is being made to honor the legacy of the 5th NY, The memory of Brian and his commitment to preservation.. I hope we can count on your help.

Respectfully,
Charlie Spickler
C Squared Pictures
5th NYDZ

Kimmel
07-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Sounds like a great movie. I hope all works out.

nyczouave
07-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I certainly hope so...

nyczouave
07-30-2006, 08:35 AM
bump - just in case there are folks who missed the first posting

skamikaze
07-30-2006, 03:36 PM
do you have your twenty confederstes yet?

nyczouave
07-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Not yet, we are still well shy of the amount we need. Any help we can get would be greatly appreciated.