PDA

View Full Version : 48 hour tactical(Hope's Campaign)

Altecfive
07-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Some of you will recall the event called Brittany's Hope that was held two years ago. Well it is back and better then before. If you werent apart of it. It is an event held in Elizabethtown PA, which is on the outskirts of Hershey. Unlike other events, this event takes all the money for the re-enactors and is donate to Brittany's Hope which aids in the adoption of special needs children. So 100% of your money goes to help children with handicaps get families. Companies donate the water, port-o-potties, and wood.

This year it is a 48 hour tactical weekend. It is being held on 360 acres of land that includes a sunken railroad, woods, fields, and a bridge that looks like burnsides. The date of the event is November 4th-5th. For more information contact Courtney Abel at Cabel@das-roadpro.com or on his cell (717) 330-2895.

skamikaze
07-25-2006, 09:49 PM
they really need rebs for this event. badly.

it is worth it. the land out there is perfect for a tactical. and the money is not lining anyone's pockets.

help kids, have a good time and forget about 20 minute scripted scenarios.

and tell your confederate freinds to come.

VaTrooper
07-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Any CS cavalry needed?

skamikaze
07-26-2006, 01:57 AM
i would assume so. ask court. his email is up there.

i dont know what can be made available to the mounted attendees but i think the federal staff will be on horseback. thats a lot of ground to cover.

Altecfive
07-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Cav, everyone is welcome. Cav is going to play an important role with scouting ahead for the infantry as how big the ground is and trying to find each other.

MDRebCAv
07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
We were there two years ago and were dissapointed that it was not done last year. I will present it to our Battalion and see if they want to do this in place of another event.

Altecfive
07-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey thanks for the support. The reason it wasnt held last year was the people who opened up their home and land had a serious medical condition that happened last year and they didnt want the extra stress. It is the plan to keep this now as a yearly event. We are taking individuals if units or your battalion are not coming. The best part is for the people there that they are opening up all their land, not just the front part. There are some incredible woods and fields that will make some incredible battlefields.

VaTrooper
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Its not a bad drive so I think I can talk a couple of the boys into it. Ill double check the dates and make a couple calls later.

MDRebCAv
07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey thanks for the support. The reason it wasnt held last year was the people who opened up their home and land had a serious medical condition that happened last year and they didnt want the extra stress. It is the plan to keep this now as a yearly event. We are taking individuals if units or your battalion are not coming. The best part is for the people there that they are opening up all their land, not just the front part. There are some incredible woods and fields that will make some incredible battlefields.

You are welcome.

When we were there last time there were so few Confederates that as a little ol' 1st Lieutenant, I wound up being in Confederate Command for the battle....All in all, we pulled it off and helped out some nice people.

Now if Vincent's brigade is going to be there--is Jari coming along? Hearing him play his bugle almost makes reveille acceptable!

Altecfive
07-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Yes Vincent's Brigade is going. I know we have alot more coming this year. Not to mention the whole area to play in the woods...lol, and other fields. I need to get with Jari and see if he is going. Whats going to be interesting this year is going to be how long its going to take til the Rebs and the Yankees find each other and how they will deploy. I have been debating getting the grey on myself and giving the rebs an adavantage with my knowledge on the lay of the land.

Altecfive
07-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Daniel pass the good word along too. Oo and dont forget to email me Daniel and William. I can send you the full packets. The only restrictions the township gave me so far was not firing too late at night or too early in the morning. So, that makes me happy considering when Larry Fischer fired that cannon late at night with a little extra humpfh across the valley they thought the chocolate factory blew up, thats why the sirens sounded 30 second after the blast...lol

frankstevanus
07-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey, that's what you have mounted cavalry scouts for. Don't be taking our jobs now!

Yes Vincent's Brigade is going. I know we have alot more coming this year. Not to mention the whole area to play in the woods...lol, and other fields. I need to get with Jari and see if he is going. Whats going to be interesting this year is going to be how long its going to take til the Rebs and the Yankees find each other and how they will deploy. I have been debating getting the grey on myself and giving the rebs an adavantage with my knowledge on the lay of the land.

Altecfive
07-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Well come on out and get that horse working and help out with scouting. Did ya email me?

Rob Weaver
07-27-2006, 02:27 PM
As an adoptive parent of 2 children, I'll throw the pennyweight of influence my unit possesses behind this event!

Sgt. Rob Weaver
Pine River Boys
Co I 7th Wisconsin Volunteers

Altecfive
07-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I appricate that Rob, go ahead and email me if you havent already. I have 9 adopted brothers and sisters. One of which is blind, and had she not been adopted by my parents from Vietnam she would have died. Believe it or not they have death rooms in that country for children they can not support because of handicaps. They actually had to retrain her how to swallow because she didnt know how because of them letting her to die. The way they would feed her is by cutting the the nipple off the bottle and just letting the milk dump into her mouth. I really appricate the overwhelming response we are getting. I am going to make this an anual event now thanks to the people who won the property. Its pretty awesome that us as re-enactors have a chance to make a difference not just in a piece of preservation as we do in so many events, but a difference in the life of a child, who without the help of us and this event, may never have known the love of a family.

skamikaze
08-05-2006, 09:50 PM
I am rounding up confederates for you court.

yep yep.

JMByrnes
08-06-2006, 08:52 AM
The 7th Tenn Co. B regt of the CMF has decided to support this event. We are working on perhaps trying to bring more of the battalion to the event. The idea of a 48 hour tactical is very interesting and you can't argue with a cause such as this one.

skamikaze
08-06-2006, 06:13 PM
that is very much appreciated. this is an event that is starting to take root and become a big deal. any input would be appreciated and any referrals to other reenactors would also be great.

and yes, its hard not to support a cause like that

Altecfive
08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
I really wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for the huge support that is pouring out to this event. I know it will be an incredible weekend for everyone! An incredible cause to support. It was said that they fought for an idea or cause. Well now we are fighting for an idea or cause, the idea that everyone child deserves the love of a family. Still plenty of room for more units, please contact me.

VaTrooper
08-09-2006, 08:50 PM
I passed on the event info to my Lt. but its on the same date as a Richmond event that we've got scheduled. Its not looking good.

skamikaze
10-02-2006, 09:58 AM
we'd like for those attending to please send in early registration if possible, so as we can better establish the organization of the two armies.

if you plan on coming, please let us know.

thanks!

jurgitemvaletem
10-02-2006, 05:23 PM
when is it?

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

John1862
10-02-2006, 05:34 PM
when is it?

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6361&postcount=1 1st Post on the thread

jurgitemvaletem
10-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I was so interested in getting to the event, I did not even read the last paragraph.

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

skamikaze
10-03-2006, 12:13 AM
if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me via email or pm.

pm me for phone # as well.

we would like to try to but together a day for anyone who is interested to go visit the land and farm area to get an idea of whats going on and to give any suggestions as well.

this has not been confirmed yet but i do believe that the weekend before cedar creek would work best for us. not sure yet, need to talk to courtney.

thanks for all the interest, tell your friends as well.

Altecfive
10-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I would like to invite everyone if they would like to take a walk of the land. Even if you dont think you can come, come out and walk the land. Trust me when you see the land you are going to want to be apart of this incredible event for an incredible cause. If you want to email me or post on here. I could either do it this weekend or the weekend of the 28th, which is the weekend before the event. Let me know and the majority get the date.

Altecfive
10-20-2006, 06:44 AM
I know alot of people had questions on the event...especially the sponsor part that might be confusing.....THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE EVENT!! I will be down at cedar creek this week saturday night as my flight back from China does not put me back in PA til almost lunch. If you have any questions at all please come see me Saturday night or sunday....I will be in Vincent's Brigade 2nd regiment camp....95th PVI....or get my cell phone (717) 330-2895....We have gotten a breakfast for free for everyone sunday morning.