PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Clem movie?

USMRR
01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Anybody see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DayXt5DPGt0&feature=related

Thad Gallagher
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I haven't seen it, but have talked to them before. The owner is a reenactor. They have multiple smaller films with various ACW themes. They might also have some further info about getting the film.

http://www.historicalproductionsinc.com/

jurgitemvaletem
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Yep, seen it. Being from Newark, Clem's home town, I was invited to participate in the premier. Not a bad piece with fairly well represented history.

Don't know about the exact release date but last I heard it was suppose to be somewhere arround the end of '09.

DamYankee25
01-13-2009, 10:42 AM
What about the teaser trailer, I wonder if they have the rights to the "Band of Brothers" theme song...in the trailer the "General" there gives a modern military salute as well.

tompritchett
01-13-2009, 12:03 PM
in the trailer the "General" there gives a modern military salute as well.

Based upon photos and movies made of CW veterans at the 50th Gettysburg anniversary, there is some debate on how incorrect a modern salute would have been during the Civil War era. See the discussion going on "Saluting the flag/National anthem" thread in the Military Discussion Conferencethe thread.

Frank
01-14-2009, 10:20 PM
My sister and I are in the movie; if you blink, you will miss us. My unit helped out a lot in the making of "Johnny". We were asked to be the honor guard at the primary two years ago in November. Last I read, the movie is due for release sometime this month. We had great fun!! I can't wait to get my copy!
I'm looking forward to more movies that Historical Productions will be making!

~ Tiffany

garyjd
01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
:( I'll pass. ~Gary

RWelker
01-18-2009, 03:00 PM
It's right up my alley... but I really hope they left out Shiloh.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
01-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Didn't see anything there that I couldn't get with a Gettysburg reenactment video or other mainstream event video. I would be much more curious to see a movie about the rest of his army career.