PDA

View Full Version : Units in Philadelphia

Sharpshot
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey,

Any units in Phila. for a starter , I got a kit and know how to shoot. Basic infantry.
Thnks ,
John C. neugebauer
Frankford Res.

Swag
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Let me know what you want to do, we do campaigning and so forth, basically a very authentic minded "hardcore" organization. We do both Confederate and Federal. Check out our website, located under my signature, look over our standards and so forth, and get back to me if you are interested. Just a note--our events are very physically demanding.

sigman
01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Check out the Mifflin Guard site at www.mifflinguard.org 26th PA. and 28th PA. in immediate Philadelphia area. 12th NJ, Co. K is just across the bridge.
Andy Siganuk, Mifflin Guard

harleyreb
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey Pard
I don't if your only looking for a federal unit to join, but if your looking to find a southern unit to join in your area check the 3rdAlabama.org site. they have members from all over the tri state area.
Pvt. T.Markee

tompritchett
01-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Give Bill Rodman (The QM) a shout here on the forum. He is a member of a Confederate unit, the 4rth Texas, centered in the Philly area. They are a mainstream unit but do have a contengent that will do campaigner events.

Sharpshot
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey thanks for the replies, I am looking for federal ( sorry always been a blue belly) and I am to old for hardcore activities. I am 52 , in good shape and have been shooting my musket since the 70's. I now own a sharps rifle and shooting that has made me look at this site and start to get a kit together. I like this site and the conversations that go back and forth. I will check out the guards and any other units let me know.

Thanks again,
John C. Neugebauer

Marc
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Since you have a Sharps Rifle (does not have to be double trigger) and you do not have to green..give my Berdan Unit WEB site a try. We are from all over the Mid Atlantic States.

http://berdansharpshooters.com/

dedogtent
01-12-2009, 01:43 PM
John,

We are right down the road in Delaware. We are a very good mainstream company that strives to do things right. We always have a very good schedule year after year and I must add we never compromise on safety on and off the field. Check out our web site, the link is under my name.

Irish Volunteer
01-18-2009, 04:08 PM
The 69th PA Irish are out of Phila/Bucks County and may be just what you are looking for. Check us out at www.pa69irsh.com

We are a family organization and work very hard preserving the honor and memory of the men and officers of the 69th as well as the Irish from Philadelphia.

Slan',

Tom Crone
69th PA
The Irish Volunteers

Sharpshot
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Thank you to all that responded . I will be in touch. Just got laid off and have to give up the company laptop so I may be out for a while . I am thinking of buying my own, never had to before. 52 is a scary age for job looking. Hope everyone stays well and Union forever.

John C. Neugebauer