PDA

View Full Version : California Units?

John "Red" Turner
01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Gents,
Aside from the 1st TX, are there any other campaigner units out there in CA who have a solid reputation?

John Turner

Tiger_rifles
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
You might try out this site. It loads slow, but worth the wait.

http://www.westcoastcampaigner.com/modules/Jig/index.php

cal 100
01-13-2009, 02:22 AM
John what part of California are you located in? That might help with my reply.

MtVernon
01-14-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm in Northern California, and if it's Federals you're after, the short answer is no, at least by my definition. Here and there you can find some like-minded individuals, but actual progressively-minded units just don't exist in my experience. If they do, I'd like to know about it. Between the two main organizations in the Bay Area, the NCWA and ACWA, the former is said to be more 'hardcore'. I've seen them a few times and been with them as well, and although they may inch closer to that ideal, they don't (again, in my limited opinion), seem to match up to the East Coast progressives I read about on these fora.

BigYankee
01-14-2009, 07:31 PM
The 9th Louisianna Infantry is re-organizing itself so should be up and running this season. We are of the progressive mind set now more so than in the past. Contact me if you'd like information.

Tigerrebjim
01-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Gents,
Aside from the 1st TX, are there any other campaigner units out there in CA who have a solid reputation?
John Turner

Also 10th Virginia in South California.
I think (not 100 percent) that maybe 14th Tn in North/Central California (NCWA).
Do not believe there are any 'true' campaigner units on the Federal side in the area.

JIM T

J_Gillett
01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I'll second the 10th VA pick. I know that they occasionally do federal but I that may be few and far between, not sure though. Does anyone have contact info for the 10th VA? There's an old pard I want to get in contact with who falls in with them.

best
Jonathan Gillett

Tigerrebjim
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll second the 10th VA pick. I know that they occasionally do federal but I that may be few and far between, not sure though. Does anyone have contact info for the 10th VA? There's an old pard I want to get in contact with who falls in with them.
best
Jonathan Gillett

Correction noted . Thanks Johathan. They do Federal also, just had a brain freeze. I would guess that they do perhaps 5 events a year federal?
JIM Tee

MBond057
01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Hope you California Lads are coming to the Imperial Valley Live Fire Event this weekend. The event is hosted by the ACWS. There will be many units attending and a good chance to meet a lot of the So Cal and Arizona guys.

On the Artillery side there will be 2.9 Parrott Guns, 24 Pdr Howitzer, 12 Pdr Mountain Howitzer, 6 Pdrís, and 12 & 24 lb mortars putting lead down range. We are going to have a canister demo on drywall soldiers. Itís pretty sobering to see the affects of period canister.

I hope to see you guys at the event.

SCUnion
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
I myself am In the 20th Maine Company G. We are an ACWA unit. If you would like any further information on the ACWA or NCWA I will happily help you out. My email is Thomzo93@gmail.com

Thanks,
Tom

Julius
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi There
I am a Member of the First Texas.
http://www.firsttexasinfantry.com/intro.html

Let me put this in no uncertain terms. We Are The Best.
We go to all the mainstream stuff here in S.California. But we also sponsor our own events on private property.
We recently did a great event at Camp Roberts National guard training base.

We are campaigners. We carry no canvas and are not a family friendly unit. Some of our wives participate but they do so with WinstonTown. A hardcore civilian unit.
http://www.winstontown.com/

Several of us are going to IPW in March. Also A few of us are going to Bummers in November.
We always have a good time and quality gear to loan out to interested parties.

Also, I know the guys from The 10th Va. They are a good bunch of guys.
When we do our private property and campaign events they play Fed.

If you want to know any more send me a PM

C. Johnson
02-04-2009, 06:59 PM
There is one Federal hardcore group in California.
The Fighting Boys still exist, contrary to everybody's rumors. We are a hardcore Federal mess, and only portray Western Federals, and California Troops. We do not tolerate women in the ranks in any way, shape, or form. We are not a campaigner unit, we are a living history unit who takes history to the extreme
If you have any further questions e-mail Bill Picking at fightingboy48@yahoo.com

Best,
Bill Picking
"The Union, The Whole Union, and Nothing, but the Union"

Julius
02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Is this Bill or Cody?
At any rate see you at 2nd Cal this weekend.

C. Johnson
02-05-2009, 01:08 PM
It was Bill using, my name
See you then!

Best,
Cody Johnson

MtVernon
02-06-2009, 02:21 AM
By the way, as a recent Corporal in the 20th Maine, I'll say good things about it all day. I'm very proud to be a member, but in no way can it be construed as a progressive or hardcore unit.

Secesh
02-08-2009, 01:36 PM
The 10 Virginia always does CS color guard here on the West Coast - that's their forte', except when they fall in with the "Fighting Boys" and do Federal. You are always welcome to fall in with the 1st Texas. If interested contact me and I'll set you up with our Captain and 1st Sergeant. Thanks.