PDA

View Full Version : Middle Tennessee Units

bsbaker
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Well you might have seen my post for "Remnants of the 48th TN" and saw that I'm looking for a unit my brother and I can join. (By the way thanks for those of you who that sent me the pm's with recommendations.) We're open to any infantry unit....but here goes.....we'd prefer one we have blood ties to.
Apparently there is no more 48th (that we've found yet), Does anyone know of the following : 11th TN, 24th TN (Maney's Battalion), or once again....the 48th TN?

You can send me a pm or post here whichever is better for you.

THANKS!!!!!!

tenfed1861
01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Sir,while we do not portray the 48th,there is a campaigner group based in and around Nashville.I am a member of the Dippin Gourd Mess and we'd love to have ya.Like I said,we are an authentic mess.Here is our link:http://dippingourdmess.blogspot.com/ .
If you are looking to portray one of those specific units,then good luck in your search.I am sure they're around somewhere.

captdougofky
01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Well you might have seen my post for "Remnants of the 48th TN" and saw that I'm looking for a unit my brother and I can join. (By the way thanks for those of you who that sent me the pm's with recommendations.) We're open to any infantry unit....but here goes.....we'd prefer one we have blood ties to.
Apparently there is no more 48th (that we've found yet), Does anyone know of the following : 11th TN, 24th TN (Maney's Battalion), or once again....the 48th TN?

You can send me a pm or post here whichever is better for you.

THANKS!!!!!!

If your looking for a good and safe Unit check out the 46th Tenn. They have a web site and their Capt. David Belcher is as good in they field as it gets. They are a mainstream unit with insurance and professionalism. If you looking for family friendly it may be what your looking for. They have their yearly meeting coming up at the end of this month.

Always
Doug Thomas
Lyons Battery CS
Kentucky

bsbaker
01-10-2009, 10:18 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone on here, I've had so many pm's and post trying to help me find a unit. Just as an update I finally got ahold of the 48th
. But still.....thank you all you've been great help. It's good to know that people will still go out of their way to help people even if there isn't any personal benefit for them.

God Bless You,

Lcpl. Baker

Jim of the SRR
01-13-2009, 09:01 AM
The Salt River Rifles is a c/p/h group with members in GA, TN and FL. Our webpage is www.geocities.com/saltriverrifles
We are members of SCAR (SE Coalition of Authentic Reenactors) www.geocities.com/scar_civilwar

Check us out.
Jim Butler