PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh boy, what have we done to deserve this

John1862
07-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Well, I just was flipping through the channels, and on the Sci-fi channel there was a new-ish "outer limits" episode on. It was complete farb to start with, the guys had all grey on, modern shirt with buttons all the way down brims bent into a triangle, 2 band rifles, etc. But besides that, it showed a very bad side of reenactors in general. In the beginning a "confederate soldjer" was getting a picture taken with the "confederate battle flag" and a colored man walks past, says something about the flag, and the "soldjer" beats on him.... Also, the same soldier in the middle of the episode, states that he is sick "of wetbacks, the police" and other things which I cant recall. I wonder what someone who saw that thinks of us, seperately and in general??

VaTrooper
07-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Disgusted, but not suprised.

LParsons
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
ya i just saw that, doesnt surprise me, didn't like that show much anyway, hopefully, not TOO many people saw it.

Frenchie
07-18-2006, 05:01 PM
It's not what we've done, it's what we haven't done. We haven't worked to counter the effects of the Klan's image and we haven't put Hollywood's feet to the fire about how they portray Southerners and the War in general.