PDA

View Full Version : G&G - missing battle

johnerys
12-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Is the missing battle scene ( Antietam?) available anywhere? Someone in our unit claimed he saw it online a while ago and it was pretty good, is it still out there?

3rd_PA_Artillery
12-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I believe there was a deleted scene that they have somewhere with Antietam in it. Its not on the DVD, so it must be online somewhere.

(Ticks me off they didn't put in Antietam, or even Second Manassas for that matter. Its like they're pretending that the majority of '62 never happened.)

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Hallo!

Dunno... (I lost track.)

As a remember (correctly or not) Ron Maxwell had shown a pre-screening "Director's Cut" version that was some six hours long that included the roughly 2 and a half hours deleted from the theatrical release. It was supposed to have been released in 2005 but never was.

The "Director's Cut" version has the Antietam sequences. A few minutes of that was pirated and released on-line a while back, but has since been pulled.
It also has a sub-plot involving John Wilkes Booth, thread and tied in with Chamberlain and his wife attending one of Booth's "Julius Caesar" presentations, and another with President Lincoln attending 'MacBeth" in Washington, D.C.

My guess is that the dismal flop of the movie in theatres followed by a very poor showing in the rentals have scared Warner Brothers away from marketing a "Director's Cut" version.

After all, reenactors buy only so many. ;) :)

CHS

reb4lee
12-28-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't know if this was posted or not before but this is a deleted scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAcieN3BW8

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Hallo!

I don't recall, and without checking...

Wasn't there a few deleted scenes included in the typical "deal" to justify the expense of the new DVD version?

CHS

3rd_PA_Artillery
12-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Hallo!

I don't recall, and without checking...

Wasn't there a few deleted scenes included in the typical "deal" to justify the expense of the new DVD version?

CHS

The DVD case claims that the deleted scenes are included in the special features section, but I haven't seen them anywhere. Either I have a defective DVD, or they're just pulling our legs.

ejazzyjeff
12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
The DVD case claims that the deleted scenes are included in the special features section, but I haven't seen them anywhere. Either I have a defective DVD, or they're just pulling our legs.

The deleted scenes listed on the case is not the missing battle scenes.

These deleted scenes are just parts of the movie that was cut out because they weren't needed to explain what's going on, basically camp scenes of soldiers singing, also some non-battle scenes of Fredericksburg.

OVI
12-29-2008, 10:09 PM
There should've been lots more deleted scenes from GAG...at least 3 hours worth.

Kent Dorr - Ohio Winter Quarters
"Devils Own Mess"