PDA

View Full Version : Other time periods?

JBW
07-16-2006, 08:33 PM
I started this here because I believe it would end up here anyway. ;)

I know some out there do other times, so does anyone do pirates?
I ask because I know someone who just attended the tall ship sailing race in Beaufort, NC and they had a pirate "encampment". I am told that it looked like fun. The main activites seemed to consist of drinking "grog" and grabbing "wenches". I was just wondering where to sign up! :confused: :rolleyes:

LParsons
07-16-2006, 08:40 PM
sounds like a crazy good time :D , but ive never heard of it. I guess there is a niche for everyone.

Forquer
07-16-2006, 09:03 PM
The main activites seemed to consist of drinking "grog" and grabbing "wenches". I was just wondering where to sign up! :confused: :rolleyes:

Sounds like more than a few CW units that I've seen in the past. Some even go as far as to send up the Jolly Roger.

I wish I was joking.

Lee Ragan
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, I don't do pirates, but some of us in west Texas do pre-war frontier regulars. (I do infantry... and yes the infantry fought the Indians out here along with the cavalry.) There are several pre-war forts in this part of the state and many of them have annual living history events. Most are time line with impressions from the Texas Revolution up thru the Spanish-American War. After years of doing mainly War Between the States events, this is a nice change.
Of course the "gunfighter", types are poular in the west and post war cavalry is very big.

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
07-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Hallo!

I tried, but in the hot Midwest sun, the octopus on my face was stinky and slimy. So, I took up WWI.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Michael1787/daveyjones12.jpg

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt

MStuart
07-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Pardon me Curt, but did you know there was an octopus on your head?

Mark

ThumbStall
08-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Pirate re-enacting be here: http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

MStuart
08-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Pirate re-enacting be here: http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Oh sure!! You need a beach and a boat...........

Finally, a hobby where free-flowing booze would be correct!! And I'm ordering my hand mortar tonight......

Mark

Avasting Ye Matey's

JBW
08-15-2006, 08:49 PM
...........Finally, a hobby where free-flowing booze would be correct!! .......

Don't forget the "wenches"! ;)

flattop32355
08-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Don't forget the "wenches"! ;)

I always cawwy a wench. I keep it in the tool pouch of my cartwidge box. It also has a skwoodwiver on it.

MStuart
08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
I always cawwy a wench. I keep it in the tool pouch of my cartwidge box. It also has a skwoodwiver on it.

Psssst!! Bernard......you were out in the sun too long last week-end....he's talkin' 'bout the wenches that wear low-cut dresses..........those kind can't fit in your haversack!!!!

Mark

hussard7
08-15-2006, 10:26 PM
All: Other time period, Yes, but as my horse gets seasick, we swim or ford but do not go asailing. I do F&I, 2d PA Light Horse; RevWar, 4th Continential Light Dragoons, and in the Napoleonic time frame of 1800 -1815 I do both the Kings 15th Light Dragoons Hussar and the Emperors 7th French Hussars. I also do a civilian scout in the War of 1812. All these time frames are small with the cavalry being a very minor part. And as the unit I ride with is in Ohio I have not worn the RevWar kit in 4 years. It has also been 2 years since I have done F&I or 1812. But, I do Napoleonic twice or 3 times a year, and have since 1996.

Yours,
Wayne Gregory
Stafford, VA

Miss Dixie
08-17-2006, 05:39 AM
I do this event in late august every year in Baldwin county, Alabama. Hotter than you know what, and plenty of mosquitos, but this is one that civilians are a must have. I get to take part instead of watching, and the indians have learned that a certain bunch of white women can be sneaky, we know we have to die, but we don't make it easy for them. The event T shirts say" you havn't lived till you've died at Fort Mims", made a lot of good friends that I just see at this event.

Diane Gipson

flattop32355
08-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Psssst!! Bernard......you were out in the sun too long last week-end....he's talkin' 'bout the wenches that wear low-cut dresses..........those kind can't fit in your haversack!!!!Mark

You have not seen my haversack.... :)

Union Navy
08-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Arrr! It's high time a "real" seafaring man chimed in here. You're all worthless and weak! As usual, pirates stick together until they actually find the treasure, at which time they fall to "sticking" each other. So the key is to keep looking, drinking, wenching, but never find. Curt - did you get in the wrong place at a Red Wings game?