PDA

View Full Version : Pharmacy Notes update

NoahBriggs
12-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I wanted to bring the readership up to date on the Pharmacy notes. I have begun to add and to edit the document. For those of you who received a copy via e-mail Iíve done a whole lot since I sent you your copy, so I might as well ask you to delete it and replace it with the updated copy.

I created a page which lists the various updates Ė what I did, where I did it, and when.

I created a page which explains (hopefully) where you can locate apothecary symbols on MS Word. It can be done.

I am currently trying to include side effects and toxicity where applicable.

As usual this always will be and always is a work in progress. Contributions welcome.

mark britton
12-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Noah,

Where can I obtain a copy of these pharmacy notes?

Mark Britton

NoahBriggs
12-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Hello!

If you are new to this section of the forum, then welcome! The speciality sections are the places to get serious answers to deep questions.

For those of you who recently joined this forum conference:

The Pharmacy Notes is an ongoing project I started in 2006 in an effort to make interpreting period pharmaceuticals a little easier to handle, particularly for reenactors new to the medical branch. I used a combination primary and secondary sources, cited, to list each pharmaceutical. Among the details: its function, what it looks like, how to simulate it with blowing youreslf up or being arrested by DEA, side effects and otherwise help you branch your drug knowledge beyond blue-mass and opium pills.

The Notes themselves are about a hundred pages or so, with some extras for updates, tables of content, miscellaneous lists. I send the file to those interested in it. Please send a PM if interested.

As I stipulated in the first post on this thread, the "Notes" Project is ongoing with frequent updates. I try to post updates here so the recipients/"subscribers" can update their copy of the Notes as well. I welcome researched and sourced contributions from others as well. I think this should be OUR project so that we all benefit from it.

Thanks, and see you in the field!

2RIV
12-11-2008, 07:06 AM
That still leaves the question; how can the average person on here obtain a copy?

NoahBriggs
12-11-2008, 07:38 AM
The fourth paragraph is a dead giveaway.

The Notes themselves are about a hundred pages or so, with some extras for updates, tables of content, miscellaneous lists. I send the file to those interested in it. Please send a PM if interested.

MAryland Field Hospital
12-11-2008, 11:42 AM
could you please send me the link/copy of the notes

thank you
Danny Kutrick
Maryland Field Hospital CSA

NoahBriggs
12-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Quite a few folks have PM'ed me to be put on the subscriber list. What a turnout! If you want in, remember to PM me to get on the list. A valid e-mail address in the request will speed things up as well. And no, I won't spam you, nor release your address to others.

I am working like mad to get them updated as best I can. Please be patient; a mass religious delusion of false happiness and cheer is being camouflaged as the "holiday season", and I cannot always be anchored to my computer due to other obligations. :(

NoahBriggs
12-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Based on the revisions/additions I am making I expect the notes to be ready to go Monday, January 5, 2009.

I apologize it's taking this long, especially with all the enthusiasm over the past few days. I'd prefer to take the time to give you a quality product, rather than rushing it out the door half-tushed. On the upside it gives others time to get on the subscription list. The list is described with my favorite four-letter F-word: FREE. No charge, no spam, no bull. Just the document in Word Format. That way you can update it as updates and revisions occur, and copy and paste on the off-chance you cite it in another document.

Speaking of citing, the Notes are not copyrighted. I don't "own" the document. We all do. All of us may contribute something. Just be sure to cite your sources and give credit where it's due. That's why I'm sharing it without any compensation.

Those who PM'd me on Wed. might want to resend to include their e-mail addresses.

Thanks!

Giving the middle finger to ignorance since 1988,
Noah Briggs

NoahBriggs
01-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Hello,

For those of you who subscribed to the Pharmacy Notes mailing list I'd suggest you check your e-mail. :cool: Sorry I was late - I futzed with the Notes before I turned them loose. Also, you should make sure the e-mail is not in your spam sump before you yell at me here for "not delivering".

For those of you who wanted the Notes but either forgot to provide an address (or ignored the simple instruction), you will want to check your business' e-mail address.

Enjoy and enlighten.

"Doc" Nelson
01-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Very nicely done Noah! Allot of work went into this . . my hat off to you sire :mrgreen: .