PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a civilian unit...

chatrbug
12-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Since the husband and I are no longer together... Im looking for a civilian unit that the kiddos and I can fall in with. Some events will be just me, some will be me and the kiddos. Im looking for someone a bit more on the authentic side.

netnet81
12-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Where are you located?

chatrbug
12-06-2008, 04:48 PM
That always helps :) Im in central PA, but willing to travel some.

TheQM
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Dulcie,

The First Battalion ANV, has a number of ladies without participating husbands within our ranks. We set up a civilian area at all events where civilians are welcome.

Our membership comes from the Harrisburg area and east.

Capt3md
12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Hello,
The 3rd MD. Co. B is a family group. We have members from the four state region. With quite a few from Pa., several of which are located in Central Pa.. You can check out our website at www.thirdmd.com . If you have any questions please, just ask. Take care and God Bless.

Y.O.S
Capt3MD

southern_belle1861
12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Hiya Dulcie!

What about The Hardtack Soceity or AGSAS?
AGSAS: http://www.agsas.org/
Not sure if The Hadtack Society has a website. If they do, I can't find it :)

HTH!
C.

ElijahsGrtGranddaughter
12-12-2008, 12:46 PM
There is a group of Ladies from the surrounding Gettysburg (I'm in Northern VA) area working to put a civilian group together.

You'd be more than welcome to join us. We are due to have our first meeting in January in Gettysburg. I'd be happy to keep you posted on that.

We will have a horse and buggy by the end of next year as well, at least that is the plan.