PDA

View Full Version : Southern Maryland Area

SouthernMDCadet
11-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm looking for a Confederate unit that would be in the area of Southern Maryland. I'm rather new to reenacting and would like to start. I'm just looking for something close because I can't drive yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MDConfederate
11-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I am with the 2nd Maryland Infantry, Co. H which is a Confederate outfit based in Maryland. We have members all over Maryland and in PA, DE, VA, and WV. Send me an email at winderranger@comcast.net, and I can send you more information about our group. We offer opportunities to do a little of everything. I'm also a member of Co. A, CVG which consists of a lot of Maryland men. Anyway, send me an email.

Respectfully,
John A. Wyman
2nd Maryland Infantry, Co. H
Chesapeake Volunteer Guard, Co. A

MD_Independent26
11-27-2008, 07:36 AM
SouthernMDCadet:
I would highly recommend Mr. Wyman's suggestion. I've run into CVG members here and there over the course of the year, and you will find them present at most of the quality events in this region. Good carpoolers, too...

Billy Birney
Columbia Rifles

MDConfederate
11-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Billy, thanks for your kind words.

John A. Wyman
Co. H, 2nd Maryland Infantry
Co. A, CVG

Stonewall_Greyfox
11-29-2008, 11:36 AM
SoutherMDCadet,

If your'e interested in portraying a Virginia Unit, my group, the 23rd VA Vol. Regt. has members across Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Our Maryland membership stretches from Sharpsburg to La Plata.

Please feel free to check out our website:

http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm

If interested, contact: paulboulden[at]hotmail.com

Paul B.