PDA

View Full Version : Osgood Historical Reproductions

cosgood
07-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Chums,

It is my pleasure to announce that Osgood Historical Reproductions is back in Business! However Unlike before when I took orders, I will be selling alot of my items through Orchard Hill Sutlery. I am still open for some custom items, and in that case you must contact me directly at my email. Going through Orchard Hill allows me the time to get items completed, a problem I have had in the past, by having to large of a workload. I have a full time job and 1 11th month old baby and another on the way, which makes it difficult for me to complete items in a short period of time. At orchard hill look for the following items: Federal Haversacks, several different patterns, Federal Shelter Halves, several styles.

As to custom items I am taking orders for federal Sack coats, SA pattern lined and unlined Prices are $225 Unlined and $200 lined. Handsewn with logwood dyed thread and patterned from originals in the smithsonian, and West point collections. Also taking orders for Capt. Dillinghams officers trousers! The trousers are very unique with 2 back pockets and no side seam pockets. I can make these in Dark or sky blue wool with corresponding welts $225 PPD.

Anyhow if interested in any items please email me at cosgood5@stny.rr.com

thanks,
Casey Osgood

HighPrvt
07-10-2006, 05:35 AM
Congrats on the children. being a father of two myself I can certainly vouch for the fact that they do slow you down. Enjoy them while you can, they do grow fast!!!!

cosgood
07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Chums,

I have 1 federal Great coat size 44 In stock.

The federal Great coat I have is not the typical great coat. I copied it from a picture of a federal soldier on page 155 EOG Arms and Equipment of the Union. The picture is of the 15th NY engineers. The great coat in this picture is field altered to not have a cape, and has a big slash pocket cut into the left side of the coat. I did make a cape for this coat, and it is detatchable, so when the weather gets increasingly colder, you can put the cape back on. Coat is made from FHW sky blue kersey ( the last of the bolt of material I had) Hand Corded handsewn button holes, handsewn sleeve lining and other handsewn features. The body is machine sewn, as per most originals I have seen.

Price $250 Plus $10 shipping

Pictures Available just email me

If interested in a unique federal great coat please email me at cosgood5@stny.rr.com

thanks,
Casey

cosgood
07-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Chums,

I have 2 Federal Shelter halves in stock.

1 Blue Line Duck Shelter half. Made from FHW blue line duck canvas. Machine sewn per original with 23 handsewn button holes, and 10 handsewn grommet holes. Complete with 23 tin paper back buttons.

$110 Postage Paid

1 Type IIb shelter half. Cincinatti Depot shelter half, all handsewn per original. Original was ID'd to a soldier in the 20th Conn. Inf. 23 handsewn button holes, and 8 handsewn grommet holes. 23 bone buttons.

$115 Postage Paid

email me if interested at cosgood5@stny.rr.com

Bailey Bennett & Scott
07-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Welcome back, Casey. It hasn't been the same around here without you.

Congrats on the kids. We're expecting our third any day now. I can't wait until they're old enough to sew buttonholes...

cosgood
07-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Mike,

Number 3 congrats. Aiden will be 1 on Aug.9th and Collyn is due on the 26th of January. Definately a different atmosphere around the house now.

cosgood
08-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Chums,

Right now I have in stock:

1 Federal Contract Sack Coat- Size 42 $165 Paid Postage

1 type IIb Shelter Half (cincinatti Depot) all handsewn per original. $100 Postage Paid

Items in progress:

Federal Haversacks
Federal Trowsers
Federal Contract issue shirts

If interested in any of the following items please email me at cosgood5@stny.rr.com

thanks,