PDA

View Full Version : 3rd E. Tenn US Vol. Inf.

tenfed1861
02-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Gentlemen,
First,I'd like to say that it is so good to be back.I have missed this place.I was about to start foaming at the mouth wondering what was gong on with the reenacting world, :shock: .
I was resently told by my mother that the college she works for would like for me to do a Chautauqua.For those of you who don't know what that is,it's a program in which performers will travel around the state of KY performing major persons of KY.I am associates with the people who portray(ed) Dr. Thomas Walker,Daniel Boone,and Anna Mac Clarke.
I would like to join this program if I could,hopefully doing a Civil War impression.I have choose to perform as a soldier from the 9th KY,and use "Diary of a Confederate Soldier:John S. Jackman of the Orphan Brigade" and "Johnny Green of the Orphan Brigade:The Journal of a Confederate Soldier" as my primary text for that impression.I am still trying to figure out what to do for my US impression.If I can find any books or info by/about the soldiers of the history of the 3rd E. Tenn.,then that would be the impression I would do.I say that because the 3rd was raised only a few miles from where I live and feel like there would have been a number of men from Barbour(s)ville who would have enlisted.
If you can tell me of any good diaries/letters/journals/secondary accouts about the soldiers of the 3rd,then I would apperciate it.I would take any book,but perfer that they would be written by someone who was lower then the rank of major,just to give more of a common foot soldier imression.
Thank you for your help,and it's great to be back, :D

Cullen Smith[/u]

HighPrvt
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Do a google for 3rd Tn. I found several sights with basic info.