PDA

View Full Version : RE: RJ and the RM Thread

Eric Tipton
07-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Tom:

If anyone took my post to be a slam on RJ in anger, that wasn't the intent at all. I took it that he was poking a little good-natured fun at us, regarding the sutlers, and I was poking a little bit of fun back at him. If he was standing here right now, I imagine we would be laughing it up.

If the thread was closed because of some of the other responses, well, RJ is plenty-capable of backing up what he says on the forums and he usually handles himself just fine. Man, bit of a hair-trigger, don't ya think?

Sometimes the thing that bothers me most about (all) of our forums isn't the Us vs, Them discussions - it is the inference that something is an Us vs. Them discussion when it isn't and reacting to it like it is.

I'll qualify my post a bit here by stating that I have been called everything from "King of the Farbs" to a "Hardcore Stitch-Nazi" and take great pride in the fact that I am neither.

Guys, when will everyone understand that the forums are the reenacting version of "Reality Television" and the more hyper-sensitive we are, the more entertaining it becomes. A sense of humor goes a long way (and yes, I am talking to both "sides").

I'll climb off the soapbox and continue to get ready for next Friday...

indguard
07-07-2006, 01:23 PM
...H ell I'd RATHER be a farb than a stitch-nazi. At least farbs have FUN!
:p

tompritchett
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Eric, your post did not cause the locking of the thread but rather the following posts. When Jublio made his post saying enough is enough, I agreed and closed the thread. Regardless of RJ's expertise, and I know that he has plenty, sometimes it can be rough being on the receiving end of the jokes and attacks. Becasue of past experiences, if I think that posters are crossing the line with personal attacks, my initial tendency will be to edit or pull rather than waiting for the Alerts because, unfortunately, things can quickly spiral out of control. We had two threads recently that did so and I am sure that you have seen the same happen at the A/C.

However, if RJ PM's me asking for the thread to be reopened, I will gladly do so but only on those conditions.

Provost
07-07-2006, 08:00 PM
No problem, Eric. I read your reply as a joke and I think everyone else who bothered to read it all did too. Bill Watson and I have something in common, make that two keyboards. ;)

Provost