View Full Version : Getting out of the hobby
09-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Leavin the hobby to pursue my grad studies. As such I am putting the following up for sale.
1. Size 34X34 VA Milita White Linen pants with broad fall front. Lots of hand details throughout. $70.00
2. Size 34 CS issue wool trousers. These are a steel gray color, really nice. Mule ear pockets, all hand sewn. Have seen lots of service, but still quite functional. $90.00
3. All Handsewn Federal issue doment flannel shirt. Large Size. $110.00
4. Brown and White check shirt, cotton, large, hand details. $40.00
5. Small Blue and White check shirt, cotton, hand details. $35.00
6. Pair of original 1860's eyeglasses, mint. $50.00
7. Large tin boiler. $25.00
8. All handknit cream wool neck warmer. This will keep you warm in the winter events to come. $25.00
9. VA Militia white cotton web belt. Quite a nice piece with a state buckle, great for militia or early war. $40.00
10. Size 7 1/2 Dirty Billy fed issue forage cap. Never been used. $70.00
11. Federal issue haversack, used, not abused, handmade by a friend. $30.00
A lot of great items, please feel free to ask any questions. Ike.
09-25-2008, 12:22 AM
These things need to go, I will entertain offers. Ike
09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Got any pictures or description/dimensions of the eyeglasses?
09-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Bumping this up, great stuff that needs to go.
09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Those pictures of the White VA Militia Trousers look just like a pair of Revolutionary War gaiter trousers...
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Better do some research before you attack people. I never posted any images so far. Do some research pard.
09-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I've never seen a pair of fitted trousers like that before, with a broad fall fly being used by anyone during the 1860's period. Since i am incapable of doing my own research:rolleyes:. I insist you enlighten me on the details!
09-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Plenty of Doc, the Hopkins Hollow Historical Assn has a pair, in addition to some documentation about some men in the Rich Mt. Campaign. Rest assured, these are a good pair of pants.
09-29-2008, 08:41 AM
If your leaving the hobby for school make sure you come back to it when your done!
10-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Still have the boiler, haversack, neck warmer, and CS Pants for sale. Need to clear quick, will take any offer.
10-12-2008, 07:14 PM
I sent the money for the large cotton Brown and white checked shirt this passed Monday. Please let me know if you have received it and when you are shipping the shirt. Sent a couple of PM's too.
10-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I also sent a money order two saturdays ago and want to know if it has been recieved. PMs sent as well.
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM
I sent my money out 2 fridays ago and I havent heard a word. Please be kind enough to answer to our messages.
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I received the Forage Cap from him in good time, if that helps at all.
10-14-2008, 09:02 PM
I just got the mail and I recieved the belt, everything looks good, thanks
10-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Well I got a shirt. I paid for the brown and white large cotton and I received a blue and white small shirt. Any one got my brown one and want to trade for the blue one. Hey Ike WHAT Happened? Please contact me and let me know , do you still have brown one?, did you sell the shirt twice?. I am 6 ft. 180 lbs and the blue shirt is short in sleeves, tight in arm pits and can't button the collar. Please e-mail me at email@example.com
Any one wants to buy it send me a note.
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I did some research and checked this guys IP address, he's Robert Grandchamp who used to go by the screen name 7thRIV. [deletion - THP; forum policies forbid such direct accusations]. I bought some books from him on the AC and he sent me the wrong items. Don't believe me? Look him up, here's the link!
10-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I am locking this thread until the Provost can properly investigate this. He has been notified.
10-16-2008, 10:03 PM
According to the Provost, this individual was never banned here but the last time he did try to sell something here the thread ended up having to being locked. Therefore, I will be keeping this thread locked unless the Provost determines otherwise. However, at this time I have do intentions of actually deleting the thread.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.3 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.