PDA

View Full Version : Perryville 06

captdougofky
07-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Guys and gals

It seems to me all of us here on the forum should try to meet and hold a little fellowship at Perryville this year. Sometimes I think we all get a little full of ourselfs about this and that. We all love the hobby we just have a different idea at times about how to do it. Perryville will be a gathering of a lot of folks from different parts of the country we all love. It may go a long way to helping some of the finger pointing, which I think hurts the hobby. This is only a idea, don't kick the messenger, I know I have raised a few hairs myself. There is enough staff of the FD and AoT that read this forum to come up with a time and place as not cause a problem of all of us being together for a look you in the eye talk not this pc stuff. Manners are important in life and this will be a chance for everyone to show them. Just a idea.

Always Doug
Lyons Battery
Kentucky

indguard
07-06-2006, 06:17 PM
My suggestion: Saturday, 6PM (or there abouts), Sutlers' row.

That is about the best time I can imagine because from sunrise to about 5PM on Saturday there are too many battle scenarios and activities going on. And Sunday we will want to get to the ranks early, then be leaving for home after the battle.

And, Sutlers' row because it is neutral ground.

I will probably be far too busy to attend, but I'll pass on the info to anyone interested if you all arrive at a time and place.

Yours, Warner Todd Huston

captdougofky
07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I have no problem with any time I just want to make sure it does not cause others problems. What about the Museum the sutlers may be to big to find everyone, what about the cemetery which is something everyone should be able to find. It is right across from the Museum. Just my thoughts.

Always Doug
Lyons Battery
Kentucky

Spinster
07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Sir,

Your best bet may be to check with the Park for a meeting venue.

Candlelight tours and other activities are scheduled for Saturday evening which do not affect the general reeenactor schedule, but may affect the time and place you wish to hold a meeting. If spectators are walking through the cemetary with a tour guide, it will hardly be condusive to a "meet and greet".

One place to consider--one of the picnic pavilions in the park.