PDA

View Full Version : Welcome!

Provost
09-09-2008, 11:30 PM
It is with great pleasure that we open up this new area for discussion of the musicians impression. I hope that this will facilitate greater sharing of information and enhance the enthusiasm among all those who labor to bring the sounds of the Civil War to life for us.

The moderator here will be "5string". He's a long time member here who's volunteered to step up and help shepherd this area along. My thanks for his invaluable help.

I hope you will enjoy this special place and we'll all learn a thing or two.

Provost

Sgt_Pepper
09-10-2008, 12:51 AM
"If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die."
-- Wm. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act I, Scene I

Welcome to all!

5strings
09-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Welcome everyone to our new Musicians Forum. I have been a member here for quite some time as the Provost mentioned. As far as being a Moderator, I am brand new so please bear with me as I feel my way around this new position. I am looking forward to great conversations on all types of music and instruments from the Civil War. We all know that music was a huge part of life from that era. Lets have fun here!

Company Fiddler
09-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Many thanks to the Provost for creating this new forum and to 5string for volunteering to moderate. I look forward to interesting & informative discussions!

Hardtack Herring
09-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks for this new folder!