PDA

View Full Version : RM: Where even the Authentics aren't: Sutlers

RJSamp
07-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Here's Eric's Announcement:
Rich Mountain Vendors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comrades:

We are pleased to announce that four of the top vendors in the authentic hobby have committed to Rich Mountain. They are CJ Daley, Jersey Skillet Licker, LD Haning, and Richmond Depot.
The vendors will be open for business at event registration on Friday, July 14th from approximately noon until 11:00 PM or so.
We will be announcing "Bully Buys" for the event in coming weeks. Keep an eye on this folder and the Sutler page of the web site for more details:
http://www.richmountain.org/2006event/Sutlers.htm

Assistant Administrator
Founding Member of MESS #1
West Chester, Ohio
__________________________________________________ ___________-
Which leads me to a simple question....
which of these sutlers was actually near the battlefield and selling their wares back in the day......

theknapsack
07-05-2006, 05:10 PM
RJ,

The vendors are set up for friday ONLY. The event starts on Saturday morning.

VaTrooper
07-05-2006, 05:12 PM
I doubt anyone thats planning on attending was near the battlefield fighting or selling the'r wares back in the day.....

Trimmings
07-05-2006, 05:52 PM
which of these sutlers was actually near the battlefield and selling their wares back in the day......

Which leads me to a simple question, were bugle call tapes and CDs available in 1861? :D

People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

Ray Prosten

DLKeyser
07-05-2006, 06:30 PM
RJ,

I have never met you at an event [deletion] Don't you have anything positive to say about anyone but the guys that you bugle for?

Dan Keyser

bob 125th nysvi
07-05-2006, 08:32 PM
RJ,

I have never met you at an event,... . Don't you have anything positive to say about anyone but the guys that you bugle for?

Dan Keyser

but sometimes he's pretty entertaining.

And occassionally he'll start a really good debate.

What more could we ask for?

Bob Sandusky
Co C 125th NYSVI
Esperance, NY

HighPrvt
07-06-2006, 02:46 PM
What's wrong with having vendors set up in the parking lot before an event?
After all I'm sure all will be arriving via modern transportation, even wearing modern clothing for the drive( oh the horror). So what's the big deal?
Just looking for something to cry about?

AZReenactor
07-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Now if they could just get get a funnel cake vendor to commit to attending on Friday only...

Wow! Seems to me that this is a pretty big nod to authenticity. Authentic venders are invited to sell their wares, but not during the actual event. If this sort of thing were to occur at mainstream events, most reenactors probably wouldn't know how to spend all the spare time between the three battles and a ball.

FWL
07-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Its just old RJ the pot stirer and bugler extraordinaire. Just a friendly poke. I'm sure knowing him no serious offense intended, if he did intend an offense we would know it.

Regards

Frank Lilley
Sore Foot Mess

PS ever see RJ's discourse on tent flys? Excellent. Just kidding RJ!

Eric Tipton
07-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Congratulations to RJ for contributing the most offbeat and creative objection prior to the event! In your honor, we have created an award in your name:

http://www.richmountain.org/2006event/RJSamp.jpg

This award will henceforth be awarded to the individual who is able to raise similarly offbeat and creative objections prior to a future event.

Congratulations! (No offense taken. Just having some fun) ;)

VaTrooper
07-06-2006, 06:54 PM
O, O, How about we start walking/riding to events in uniform?

yankeesoldier
07-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Eric, do you mean RJ blows a little bugle or has a little bugle?

dedogtent
07-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Too funny Eric...ain't this hobby great? This is why at my old age I just can't give it up yet. As far as riding or walking to an event, I'd ride my Harley if I could(better gas milage). I do think the public and the State Police would have something to say to me with a musket riding side saddle...lol.

VaTrooper
07-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Eric, do you mean RJ blows a little bugle or has a little bugle?

C? Both of the above?

bill watson
07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Eric owes me for a new keyboard. Mine has coffee all over it.

Jubilo
07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Regarding bugler extroadinaire R.J. Samp : any one with that much wind must expel it somewhere and a bugle can only take so much. R.J. is a walking encyclopedia and his heart is in the right place . The guy can saddle and ride a horse , travel anywhere , knows battalion and probably brigade drill and knows military history and customs dating back to the Assyrians . He should be an army commander not a bugler . We should value our own and not eat them alive .
All for the old flag ,
David Corbett , 10th Illinois Vol. Inf.

hanktrent
07-07-2006, 10:34 AM
We should value our own and not eat them alive .

I can't tell if that's better addressed to RJ, or about RJ. :D

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

tompritchett
07-07-2006, 11:09 AM
We should value our own and not eat them alive .

I agree. Enough is enough.