PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Historian magazine

JesseJames70
09-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Is this magazine still going? Books-A-Million in my area seem to have stopped carrying it and their website doesn't look to have been updated for quite a while. If it has gone by the wayside, what a shame, I enjoyed it.

Paul

Spinster
09-05-2008, 10:13 PM
The magazine changed hands recently, and just prior to that change, the rack distribution was dropped. Now, you'll need to subscribe in order to continue enjoying this fine publication.

Go here, and follow the thread through to a phone number and email address where you can subscribe.

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19253

JesseJames70
09-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Thank you Miss Terri, will you be gracing the 33rd with your presence at Chickamagua? Sorry for the spelling if it is wrong, long day and all.

Paul
33rd AL

Spinster
09-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Yassir,

There will be a few wimmen and chillren causin' you trouble.

As it looks now, I'll wander in late Wednesday or sometime up in the day Thursday. Ordinarily, this would make no sense, but I am driving a long bed diesel pickup with a stick and four wheel drive.

Being stupid at such, I figure I better come in early so there is plenty of room, as I am still poor enough at this that the vehicle bucks like a green broke horse.

The upside of this is, the 33rd will not be called upon to attempt to push/pull/lasso my mini-van out of a ditch somewhere on the property. If I get stuck in THIS vehicle, we might as well bury it .