PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

Ol'Hickory
07-04-2006, 01:37 PM
I may have overlooked the answer to this but how do you get an avatar on here?

tompritchett
07-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Click on User CP at the top and then look for edit Avatar on the left. Follow directions from there.

Rob
07-09-2006, 07:17 PM
My profile doesn't seem to give me the option.

It says "Do not use an avatar", with no option to upload one.

Frenchie
07-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Same here, the option to use an avatar seems to be disabled.

JBW
07-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Not that I would subject y'all to it, but I don't seem to have that option either. ;)

tompritchett
07-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Under the box that has the "Do Not Use Avatar" there should be a second box that states "Custom Avatar". Click on the "Use Custom Avatar" button and then use either the " Enter Avatar URL:" or "Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:" options.

JBW
07-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Under the box that has the "Do Not Use Avatar" there should be a second box that states "Custom Avatar". Click on the "Use Custom Avatar" button and then use either the " Enter Avatar URL:" or "Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:" options.

I see the box "Do Not Use Avatar", to the left is a "Current Avatar" box ("No Avatar Specified" ) and nothing else. :confused:

tompritchett
07-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Is there another box below the one with the "Do Not Use Avatar"? There should be.

cookiemom
07-10-2006, 06:45 AM
Is there another box below the one with the "Do Not Use Avatar"? There should be.
Nope.
Carole

tompritchett
07-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Something has changed recently with the software. I also noticed that Avatars were wiped for members that used to have them. I have raised the issue in the Moderator forum and will PM the Provost and Bob.

Provost
07-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure why or now it happened, but I found what I think is the problem. Avatars were turned on in general, but they seemed to have been turned off for the grouup "Registered Users." Strange, but I clicked it to ON and will now go test to see if it worked.

If you don't see a followup post, that licked it.

Provost

cookiemom
07-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I "hijacked" cookiemom's username to experiment with. You will find there is now a box that starts off like this:

====================
Custom AvatarIf you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.Use Custom AvatarYou may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.
================

Let me know here or in email if there are any further glitches.

Cookiemom, you can now change your password back. ;) Check your email, I sent you the one I used. You can also query the system to send you a totally new one in email.

Respectfully,

Provost

Chuck A Luck
07-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Just a test to see if the Avatar is actually working...
~~~~~
heh! It does. :)

cookiemom
07-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I "hijacked" cookiemom's username to experiment with...

Provost
You may regret getting that fixed after all ... :)
Carole

Provost
07-13-2006, 06:19 AM
Gentle Reader,

I'm sure the lovely people who come to visit in Mr. Szabo's dining room discussions will enjoy the ability to see something of each other. I deeply appreciate your willingness to perform an act of civic virtue and assist me in helping others. If only others would feel the same I believe much unpleasantness could be avoided.

Your most humble & obt. svt.,

Provost ;)

cookiemom
07-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Gentle Reader,

I'm sure the lovely people who come to visit in Mr. Szabo's dining room discussions will enjoy the ability to see something of each other. I deeply appreciate your willingness to perform an act of civic virtue and assist me in helping others. If only others would feel the same I believe much unpleasantness could be avoided.

Your most humble & obt. svt.,

Provost ;)
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words. I was glad to have been of some small assistance.

While there is some family resemblance, the lady whose image appears above is not me, but rather my (4x)great-grandmother, Elizabeth Barada Ortes, who passed away in 1868 at the remarkable age of 104 years. I regret not having the ability to ask her questions about her life and times. [I do not have a photograph of myself in "correct" attire, but will substitute it when available.]

Regards,
Carole Wilkinson

Crabby
07-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Just checking my avatar