PDA

View Full Version : Ol'Hickory or other English reenactors, need your help on this

cblodg
07-04-2006, 11:48 AM
So, lets say that I wanted to go to an event in England, I wouldn't be able to fire a musket, unless I had a license?

Thanks for the help;

Chris

Ol'Hickory
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes I think so, you may have to fill some forms in first I dunno how it works i've not owned a musket or pistol before (I own a ppk with the barrel filled in and 80 blanks..it wastes a few mins)

cblodg
07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
That would have to be one ******************** of an event!

All I'd do is get up, eat, drill, rest, drill. Alot like what the original boys did, drill, drill, drill.

Oh God, I know two captains who would love to go over to the UK for some events. Drill is up thier alley with a capital D! I'd swear one was Casey reincarnated.

Chris

Ol'Hickory
07-04-2006, 12:00 PM
I want to do drill so I can learn the commands and different orders.

I mean I dont wanna do something wrong or sc**W it up for everyone else.

cblodg
07-04-2006, 12:06 PM
have you ever seen Glory?

"that Col. Shaw, he a hard man," change shaw into my captain, and your there. If you ever come accross the pond, I'd be glad to introduce you to either of the men I'm thinking of. By the time their done with you (day and a half doesn't seem too harsh) you won't screw up.

Not that there hard, they just love drill. To steal from Ron White "They're the kind of people that think drilling is a fun thing. They get together with other drillers and talk about drilling, they go home and watch the first half of "Full Metal Jacket" and fondel themselves"

Chris

Ol'Hickory
07-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Hahahahaha:)

"pvt pyle!" haha

so they eat sleep and make love to drill eh?...hmm i see

Footslogger
07-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi Chris,
To shoot at one of our events, you would need a visitors firearms licence cost of which is a paultry 12.00 about $16.00 at the current rate.If any of you get this side of the Pond drop us a line, we WILL give you a good time.
As for Drill the Volunteer Company and Lazy Jacks eat, drink, sleep, dream, and live Drill no Offence intended here but I know we can safely say we can drill with the best you've got, and probably out drill the rest, Hardee's, Casey's, Scotts, and Gilhams you name it, and probably a couple more in between Including Dal Bello's.We can even stack arms using three different methods including Scotts three rank system which we learned just for fun.
Our only problem over here is distinct lack of Sutlers.

Regards.

Ol'Hickory
07-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Chris,
To shoot at one of our events, you would need a visitors firearms licence cost of which is a paultry 12.00 about $16.00 at the current rate.If any of you get this side of the Pond drop us a line, we WILL give you a good time.
As for Drill the Volunteer Company and Lazy Jacks eat, drink, sleep, dream, and live Drill no Offence intended here but I know we can safely say we can drill with the best you've got, and probably out drill the rest, Hardee's, Casey's, Scotts, and Gilhams you name it, and probably a couple more in between Including Dal Bello's.We can even stack arms using three different methods including Scotts three rank system which we learned just for fun.
Our only problem over here is distinct lack of Sutlers.

Regards.

Cracking stuff!! I can tell I will have a good time haha, so has a British group gone against a US group? :confused:

cblodg
07-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Cracking stuff!! I can tell I will have a good time haha, so has a British group gone against a US group? :confused:

yeah they lost;

Rrev War, 1812. Sorry i had too.

chris

Ol'Hickory
07-05-2006, 05:24 AM
Its not the first time, I went to a quiz evening and could have really preached about a term called "shutting up"..or known as "shutting le pie hole" to some Americans but its all a joke so its all in good fun! hehe;)