PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start a junior assistant surgeon impression

38thIndiana
08-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Hello, all. I'm new to the board, but have spent the last 13 years on and off in the hobby as a federal infantryman. I started out in 1995 with the old 38th Indiana of the Cumberland Guard. Although only 32, I've had some recent personal medical issues that have jeopardized my being able to handle a full schedule as a grunt in the trenches. That, combined with my career change into the medical field, has perked my interest in putting together a solid, accurate ass't surgeon's impression. I've spent a lot of time here lately reading all the various posts, doing some searches, and locating primary medical sources on Google books. I know I have a lot of reading to do, some different equippage to procure, and some first-hand learning to do before trying this next season.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could start by contacting a medical impression vet as to how exactly I go about attending events as an ass't surgeon? I mean, usually we have organizations we are a part of at events, but are there freelance surgeons that do their own thing, say, in civilian camp, or do we approach organizers or heads of battalions to express interest in serving in this role? Any help on this matter would be appreciated!

"Doc" Nelson
08-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi Traie :D
I'm sending you an email right now. And, I see you live in Louisville too. I live in Southwest Louisville.