PDA

View Full Version : complaints about....people

Ol'Hickory
07-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Okay, in my high school a teacher was telling students about the ACW I had to load and fire a musket

When he mentioned nipple..obviously they laughed, I capped off the clean the barrel and I got sarcastic remarks.

:mad:

Okay...my complaints are done, I can complain about the weather and why old people seem to talk and talk for hours on end about whether its going to rain on Tuesday..i'm kidding, I like talking really

rebellady
07-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey, at our high school, the teacher IS the ACW guy with the musket and carbine, and I DARE them to laugh. Nipple or not. :D Kinda gets their attention when he comes in dressed completely in uniform, saber, haversack and carbine (the works!);)

Miss Tammi

huntdaw
07-02-2006, 09:55 PM
You can use this alternative term if you don't want to listen to the giggling. Or should I use the word "tittering"?

Ol'Hickory
07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
To be honest i'm a showman with kids, like most of them saw "dads army" a spoof about the British home guard (WW2) and when I was fixing my bayonet i said "they dont like it up 'em" a catchphrase of one of the platoon, cpl. Jones

Ephraim_Zook
07-04-2006, 07:34 AM
You can use this alternative term if you don't want to listen to the giggling. Or should I use the word "tittering"?

Actually, according to the Rules for the Management and Cleaning of the Rifle Musket, Model 1861, For the Use of Soldiers, etc, Springfield Armory, 1862, the CONE is the entire assembly, consisting of the nipple, the square, the shoulder, the screw-thread and the vent.

An awful lot of stuff on a tiny item with no moving parts. :-)

huntdaw
07-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Ron,

Now that is something I didn't know. I always thought it was just an alternate term for the nipple. Anyway, for school groups I've started using it when explaining how the firing system works to avoid the idiotic giggles and remarks.