PDA

View Full Version : Recommended sites

Ol'Hickory
07-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I strongly reccomend www.sutlers.co.uk for any clothes or buttons guns etc

and S&S sutlers of Gettysburg with Mr and Mrs Sheads, shop is at the back of the historic sheads house

Also, if you know where to find him Mr John Valori is a great tour guide and personal friend who does not take cash for his services, just go into lancaster and someone will know him! haha

VaTrooper
07-02-2006, 12:54 PM
S&S sells a couple of decent items but I wouldnt order anything from the other site. If your looking for some quality gear just ask here. Theres some great stuff being made out there.

cblodg
07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
S&S sells a couple of decent items but I wouldnt order anything from the other site. If your looking for some quality gear just ask here. Theres some great stuff being made out there.

Will (can I use Will? I never know when);

You're right on this point. The only reason that I referenced that site in my earlier post on the Berdan coat, was they seemed to be the only ones supplying the black general service with the coat, and to determine the color scheme was correct.

For my buck, S&S sells some pretty good stuff, mostly CSA uniforms, but also some manuals, and little things needed (buttons, corps badges, musket parts, etc.)

VaTrooper
07-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Chris,
Will is fine. With S&S you just need to look at who made the uniform.