PDA

View Full Version : Candles

Ol'Hickory
07-02-2006, 11:03 AM
1 Tin Box Candle holder.

were these used in the ACW? isnide of tin acts as reflectors, very nice piece, can it be used in reenactments?

rebel yell
07-02-2006, 11:22 AM
I use my bayonet, or inside my cup when it's windy. I like using the things I already have on me with many uses, less to carry around.:cool:

Ol'Hickory
07-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah I can see the benefit of not having a haversack pulling you down, it can also be used as oddoments box as well, I find it handy to keep matches in.

VaTrooper
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Did you mean not having it IN the haversack or not having the haversack?

Ol'Hickory
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM
woops I meant not having to many items IN said haversack

sorry i'm buzzing at the moment with some great news.

cblodg
07-02-2006, 01:06 PM
This is probably no surprise to anyone here, but I own one. I keep it in my knapsack though, and think I have used it once or twice.

bob 125th nysvi
07-02-2006, 01:09 PM
should be just fine. As long as you don't jam too many things on top of it.

I carry a candle but haven't ever used it. Never broken it either. I see pretty good in the dark and other people always have more than enough around.

Just don't hang it lit on your tent and then walk away. the guy across the company street from you who's trying to get so sleep may take exception and it'll be missing the candle when you get back.

Matches though, I keep those in a tin in my pocket.

Bob Sandusky
Co C 125th NYSVI
Esperance, NY

Ol'Hickory
07-03-2006, 04:26 AM
Good stuff, I dont itend leaving things lying around..I have no problem with people borrowing stuff, its me losing them!

I have a pack of period playing cards 1861-2, I do not play cards so anyone who'd want to use these is welcome!